Contributions to Fondad publications
- 2007 Global Imbalances and Developing Countries: Remedies for a Failing International Financial System
- 2003 Financial Stability and Growth in Emerging Economies: The Role of the Financial Sector
- 2003 The Crisis that Was Not Prevented: Lessons for Argentina, the IMF, and Globalisation
- 2000 Reforming the International Financial System: Crisis Prevention and Response
- 1997 Regionalism and the Global Economy: The Case of Central and Eastern Europe
Mark Le Gros Allen (1947) is director of the Policy Development and Review Department of the IMF.
He joined the IMF in 1974 and has successively held the positions of economist in the Trade and Payments Division of the Exchange and Trade Relations Department, economist in the Geneva Office, advisor, mainly on debt issues, in the Exchange and Trade Relations Department. He was division chief, West Africa, of the African Department, assistant director, International Capital Markets, of the Exchange and Trade Relations Department, senior resident representative of the IMF in Poland.
He was senior advisor of the Policy Development and Review Department, working mainly on IMF surveillance policy, debt and financial crisis management issues, senior resident representative of the IMF in Hungary, and deputy director of the Policy Development and Review Department before becoming director in 2003.